View Single Post
Old 03 December 2007, 17:36   #1
coustasse

Not even a beginner yet....

Just discovered this hotbed of Amiga enthousiasts quite by accident. I have had a 500 since about 1990 and a 1200 about 5 years later - for art and games originally. The 1200 is still in daily use for a couple of games we enjoy. Lost contact when I retired and moved to France.
I still have games for the 500 I would like to play, but last time I tried (last year) loading was a bit sticky! And we still have several games for the 1200 - Settlers I & II, Colonization, Golf and football management games.
So I am interested in the idea of possible use of the PC (XPPro-SP2, AMD64) for some of these games. I would then no longer have to fight my wife for the 1200.
I have looked through the FAQs and the Amiga Forever site and don't really understand much of it.

So...what would I need to get/buy to make my old games playable on the PC? Is it a single piece of software, or can you give me a list?

I used to teach computer use, but was never a computer technician unfortunately. Regard me as semi-senile and keep it simple please

It is sad that while the quality of graphics becomes incredibly complex and memory wasting, the quality of PC games tends to go down hill.

Page generated in 0.08977 seconds with 11 queries