View Single Post
Old 15 January 2021, 14:44   #21
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

1. Chaos Engine - By the time this was announced I was already a big fan of the Bitmaps and so read everything there was about its upcoming release. The wait seemed excruciating, but the wait was worth it. Completed it with every character and I still feel like I haven't discovered everything.

2. Gods - IMO still one of, if not THE best looking game on the Amiga. I'm a big Dan Malone fan, but Mark Coleman absolutely created a visual masterpiece here. It still amazes me what he achieved with such a limited palette. It seems to divide a lot of people between those who can't bear the scrolling and its relatively slow speed and those that love it. No matter what new device I get that is capable of running some sort of Amiga emulation, Gods is always the first thing that gets played.

3. Speedball 2 - Not a fan of most sports games, but Speedball 2 is almost perfect. Amazing graphics and sound, superb gameplay, both single and multi, one disk and hardly any loading. What more could you want?

4. Cadaver - This type of game suits me perfectly. Kick back and take your time. Puzzles that are tough, but not insane, great graphics and awesome atmosphere. As you climb the floors of Castle Wulf you really get a sense of the characters and the story and it becomes a 'real' place that exists in your mind. I have never completed it and have been stuck on level 4 since the early 90s, but I won't cheat and, hopefully one day, I'll finish it.

5. Rainbow Islands - There's something about RI that just keeps pulling me back to it. Nauseatingly cute, but so playable and with loads of depth with all the collectables. It never feels unfair either. When I lose it's because I'm not good enough. I've never got past toy island so I'm clearly not great at it, but it's so good I keep going back to it.

5 isn't enough!

Last edited by Dastardly; 17 January 2021 at 13:36.

Page generated in 0.05135 seconds with 11 queries