View Single Post
Old 24 November 2022, 20:28   #31
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
I think there's a little misunderstanding here (language barrier, most probably). Device does what it is supposed to do, meaning it conveys VGA signal beautifully and is effective at removing any unwanted vertical line. I use it along with the Ultimate Scart adapter (a VGA to Scart cable with a little more electronics for better compatibility) on a non Trinitron Samsung 21'' CRT TV.

It doesn't consists in a scandoubler, also, obviously it cannot recreate any scanlines by itself. Having said that, anyone is free to use it along with a scanline generator (that's my setup here, yeah I had to scour a few additional VGA cables on the second hand market).

Picture is pristine, very neat (hi def or hi res is a misleading notion in that context, granted). In the past, I was using S-Video aka S-VHS through a mod the seller had implemented at the back of my machine, did the trick in the meantime. Well, I did see those awful vertical lines once or twice (I remember I was playing third level of Savage that day, think I have the picture I took somewhere). These thick lines don't appear constantly but still an annoyance. Of course, the picture is much better that way (a color mess occurs with some games when using S-Video) though on smaller monitors / CRT TVs (approx. 13'' - 15''), situation is not as alarming. Device came with a price, but rest assured I won't come back to composite!

Edit : Ah, here it is :

If you're using RGB to SCART cable on a CRT TV there is really no need to use this adaptor? This adaptor is to overcome that pixel clock issue on LCD monitors that gives you the vertical bands where simple ground of a certain pin doesn't help.

Unless I'm missing something? My CRT is pristine with just RGB to SCART cable.

Page generated in 0.07966 seconds with 11 queries