View Single Post
Old 05 August 2020, 04:16   #18
rvctech

@PearJuice

Yes there are people who believe they can build new Amigas using these boards! I spoke to quite a few, and those are the people that are local to me. Nearly all of them never owned an Amiga before, but they thought it would be a "fun project" because of all the websites, videos, Facebook posts and blogs promoting this idea. They are all looking for custom chips and parts to complete their "latest build". They buy them from EBay, AmiBay, web stores, and wherever the last few parts remain.. Good luck buying parts for a REAL Classic Amiga

Some people take chips from working machines because they want to build the "enhanced boards" or they like having "the latest thing". Believe me, it's real!

These comments were general, the killing of machines due to incompetent removal of parts is specific to the A1200. These are probably the same people that think they can re-cap their Amiga and end up damaging it. I have repaired a few Amigas due to bad re-cap attempts, but that is something I don't want to think about!

Page generated in 0.04651 seconds with 11 queries