View Single Post
Old 04 August 2020, 10:24   #16
rvctech

@PearJuice

Please don't take these comments personally . The work you did is very skillful and it's nice of you to make it open source.

We're just discussing the greater issue - if somebody wants to build your board or any board, it will be very hard to find the parts. This makes it quite hard to use and improve upon your work. I think that this situation became obvious a long time ago.

I really wish that a factory somewhere was pumping out a few thousand new Amiga custom chips like the factories that are pumping out new PCBs, but that isn't happening is it?

Do you realise that because of people like Bob's Bits, many people that never owned an Amiga in their life decided to build an A500+ as a "fun project"?

Most of these people are scavenging parts and buying whatever is left. I met already a few people in this category that were local to me. They don't see an issue with this, because the Amiga is just a passing interest to them.

Some people say that it's great to "make more Amigas" but we are not making more Amigas, we are just taking parts from, and killing other Amigas.

Did you know that many people removed parts from working Amigas to make their "new Amigas"? Did you also know that people with poor skills have destroyed Amiga custom chips while trying to harvest parts for their "new Amiga"?

Think about these issues and don't take it personally.

Page generated in 0.04576 seconds with 11 queries