Thread: Entry: XILEF
View Single Post
Old 18 September 2018, 00:01   #6
E-Penguin
Banana

Finally had a spare evening to work on this. It turned out my randomly-generated map wasn't actually that random so I had to rework the scrolling code and the collision detection code.

Anyway, as a result of testing it, I created a demo so playable that it kept the Mrs occupied for ten minutes. She's easily pleased.

Anyway, see attached archive, for the thrillingly named scrolltest.exe. I've only run it under winuae / a1200 so I've no idea if it'll start on an a500. I guess it will, it doesn't really do anything.

You, a red blob, start with three lives represented by yellow squares, although when they're gone it doesn't mean much. The score is on the top left. Avoid the green squares - they take a life. A collision is illustrated by a white bounding box.

I've not really got double buffering working so it's horribly flickery. I've been instructed it's my bedtime so I'm not going to fix that now.

Anyway, you get the general idea of where I'm going with this game. Comments & encouragement welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: lha scrolltest.lha (22.2 KB, 263 views)

Page generated in 0.04326 seconds with 12 queries