View Single Post
Old 02 December 2014, 21:11   #1
Targ

A1200 - black screen & power LED blinks

Hey everyone. I recently wanted to get back into the Amiga & dug out my 1200. It worked fine for a few weeks but now I just get a black screen and the power LED blinks 7 times. The 7th time is a short flick, then there's a 1 or 2 second pause, then it starts blinking again.

I've read other similar posts but none seam to apply. There was no corrosion, burns or other marks on the board, barely any dust. No colors come up on screen. It's just black, but I can see it's a signal black. It's not a black like the monitor isn't on, and when the led just flicks real short the 7th time, the screen flicks too. I tried the composite out to a Panasonic TV & RGB out to a NEC multisync. Nothing happened after the last time it worked like lightning strike, brown-out, power surge, etc.

I tried removing the accelerator, the HD, even the floppy drive. The only thing that stops it was removing either or both ROMs. Obviously, that stopped everything. I finally checked the power supply & it was pretty wonky. All 3 voltages read about 2/3 to 3/4 their normal rating, and were pulsing over about 1/2 volt, 1/2 second apart.

I rigged up a PC power supply & it still does it. I removed the board & cleaned both sides with isopropyl & a soft tooth brush. Still the same. The only change is with the 030 board in it takes about 4 or 5 seconds to start blinking again. My worst fear is that the power went & took something on the board with it. Anyone have any ideas?

Page generated in 0.05475 seconds with 11 queries