View Single Post
Old 03 September 2008, 15:57   #1
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Want to Dismantle :) GVP 64Pin 4MB or 16MB SIMM

I believe i posted this a while back here, however its been maybe a couple of months now so a repost is in order,

this was also posted on www.AmiBay.com, for those that dont know about that yet LOL.

Okay... after a few talks and chats with people whom bought a GVP Jaws or Jaws II and as we all know getting the memory SIMMS is not only next to impossible, it is also damn expensive!!!

well in this day and age this shouldn't be!! especially when one can buy the components at less that a 10th of the cost!!!

So I am appealing on behalf of GVP JAWS owners out there, if anyone could donate a 4MB or 16MB 64PIN GVP SIMM for me to... dismantle record the design and then rebuild it.

The process SHOULDN'T destroy the SIMM, however i cannot guarantee this, but, the data I gather will allow me to develop clone boards of the memory VERY cheaply, and of course the donor of the SIMM will get not only a replacement should the original be destroyed, but also another clone SIMM

I will also post the finding of this project on Aminet as well as on other forum sites, so if anyone is feeling generous just reply here

Page generated in 0.04923 seconds with 11 queries