View Single Post
Old 26 February 2015, 17:30   #26
strim
NetBSD developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
Under this situation it is impossible to release some kind of what ever code.
If your program includes any GPL licensed source, then you're breaking the licence if you don't release the source. This seems to be widely misunderstood in the Amiga community...

Quote:
The Radeon-bios-interpreter is well documented on every plattform, so everyone can say it came from gpl-based sources.
There's a difference between reusing someone else's code OR treating it as documentation, to write your own implementation. If you used GPL source as an information/documentation (not directly as a part of your program), there is no problem.

Quote:
On the other side I have the permission to use the p96-ddk to write drivers, but it is not allowed to spread the sources or parts of the ddk.
In case of GPL code you're not allowed to close the source of your program (provided it includes any GPL-licensed code). So it seems you have a legal problem anyway . That's why I said you should carefully read the GPL licence before doing any kind (be it binary or source) of release of your program.

If you have any doubts, consult your lawyer (I am not a lawyer, but I consider myself informed when it comes to open source licenses).

Last edited by strim; 26 February 2015 at 17:39.

Page generated in 0.05351 seconds with 11 queries