View Single Post
Old 20 February 2023, 09:18   #530
jbilander

If anybody is interested, I released a FPGA-board into the public domain a week ago or so, fully OSHW (Open Source Hardware).

https://github.com/jbilander/SF2000

For now it uses a MC68SEC000 CPU onboard but I think it should be possible to fit a 68k-softcore (like TG68k or fx68k) in the FPGA, this is a bit over my head though so I would need help with this, the Gowin FPGA currently used has 8640 LE:s so a 68k core could fit I think.

With the MC68SEC000 it runs stable up to 42 MHz, yes I know it is a low-end card but the system is really responsive if KS is loaded and run from the onboard 1 MB FlashROM-chip.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this then let me know. If you want to contribute to the project I can probably provide you with a blank PCB but it is a DIY hobby project so you would have to order components and solder it yourself.

One thing left to do is to write a 4-bit SDIO controller for the MicroSD-card-slot. It would be great if Mike's previous work could be repurposed for this. If you read this Mike, please don't let your awesome work fall into oblivion Anyway, if not then I guess we reinvent the wheel.

Happy Hacking

Page generated in 0.05745 seconds with 11 queries