View Single Post
Old 05 January 2021, 16:48   #28
saimo

It's quite a long time since I last worked on this stuff - I got distracted by a couple of other Amiga things (I made the demo THE CURE and the graphics system ALS) and by this programming guide (in Italian) - but finally I have resumed work on this!

Having almost totally forgotten how the NVRAM and my code works, I studied the datasheet and my code again, and, remembering how the Kernel code always accesses both the Akiko registers at the same time, I decided to rewrite my code entirely according to that logic (although that's a bit more inefficient). Also, I seized the chance to change the way I send the clock signal.
The result is the code attached here.
The good news is that this one not only works on WinUAE, but also on real Amiga CD32 machines! A tester tried it on two different machines and it was able to: dump the contents of the whole NVRAMs correctly; save data to an OS-legal entry correctly.
Now I'm waiting for more test results from another friend. I still can't say that the code works 100% fine because, from the pictures on the net, I have noticed that the Amiga CD32 boards mount different versions of the chips (there are 5 V chip and chips that require a lower voltage but have slower timings) and I don't know (yet) which chips mount the machines that the tests have been performed on.

Last edited by saimo; 04 September 2021 at 10:51. Reason: Removed attachment (I'm reworking the code).

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries