View Single Post
Old 22 July 2021, 12:01   #1
Lisko

Roadshow, 3com pcmcia and interrupts

Hi, I have an A1200/030 with an etherlink III pcmcia network card that uses the 3com 3c589 driver. I'm currently using genesis tcp/ip stack. This cards have a problem with interrupts and by default most whdload installs hang on black screen if the tcp/ip stack is running. A workaround is to use a custom whdload startup and cleanup script to automatically disable and re-enable the stack and with genesis this works fine by using amitcp:bin/offline and online commands. I started to think about roadshow and the idea of using a more recent, still supported and better stack. Prior to buying it I wanted to test it was working well with my configuration but even after changing whdload's scripts to use roadshow commands to go online and offline, a lot of whdload slaves still hang on black screen. Am I missing something or my only option is to wait if ever roadshow will be fixed for my card and driver? Because I like to have the ip stack running at boot, currently I reverted back to genesis given also the fact that the speed was more or less the same.

Page generated in 0.04601 seconds with 11 queries