View Single Post
Old 04 June 2021, 13:05   #27
Syntrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Syntrax expressed an interest in running QNX on Amiga hardware. Syntrax asked if the code for it has been 'leaked'. What other conclusion was I to draw?
I agree, "leaked" is the wrong word. But you persist in keeping the interpretation that code is source code. Again: your interpretation.

Running an operating system does not equate to stealing/copying or using parts of the operating system as a source for a new OS. You jumped too the conclusion that I would steal/copy or use the code of QNX as source for a new OS, just because it is an example, or because "just trying it" could have been fun. Thats you're conclusion and you attacked me with that. What you could have thought? Well how about ASK. You skipped that because you already figured out, what I was thinking. Not. Jumping to conclusions.

@Daedalus, If BSD / Linux on 68K has been stripped, I stand corrected. My point being, that sarcasm is not required. Just a good argument.

The Amiga API is a legal mine field, that is a risk, sure. Whether it is bad or not depends on what you hope to achieve. Is running a more modern operating system on Amiga which limits it from a technical perspective a negative thing. No. If I wanted 4 GHZ performance on 5 monitors, I would use my PC for that. Amiga software regardless of the OS will always be limited by the hardware. You know that when you start a 30 year old machine.

@stevelord, that question is a lousy way of saying: you caused it yourself, that's how it reflects on me. It's ignoring that where two people have an argument, two people are to blame because you can also try to understand the other.

I've been trying to stay polite and correct. If you've got a better argument, sure "you win". My point stays: contrary to Bruce's statement I never intended, wrote, said, insinuated, thought to use QNX source code or Binary code as a start for an alternative operating system, so his argumentation about my questionable ethics stems from his idea of what I thought, not what I really thought.

Last edited by Syntrax; 04 June 2021 at 13:24. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 11 queries