Thread: Supercars 2 AGA
View Single Post
Old 19 May 2021, 20:54   #45
jotd
This cat is no more

thanks. I haven't checked the tunes or the channels that need to be free. I checked and of course ptreplay cannot reserve channels and play music tracks somewhere else. It probably is possible (swapping channels) but it could kill stereo effects so better change the sfx so they're played on the free channels that the module leaves.

I think a 3-channel would be possible too. But ATM working on AGA comm screens. Doing well. Going to replace the mod replay routine after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
It's a pity that you didn't get your hands on Supercars International DOS sources too
The movement of the cars, including drifting, look really cool in that version.
well, a x86 asm source isn't going to help a lot. I can read it (well, I used to crack DOS games in the 90's does that count?) but transposing it to the SC2 code is another story

Besides I don't like what they did to the gameplay very much. The graphics are better for the static screens (well more colors, a bit flashy but it shows a lot of colors) but for the in-game part I prefer Supercars 2. Controls & graphics... The only cool & cheap thing they did is to make the race go backwards on the same track. Easy reuse, and the race can be VERY different for some tracks.

Maybe I'll try to add some more blue to those green waters. Things like that. But not much. The backgrounds are beautiful specially the "grass" ones.

Page generated in 0.07661 seconds with 11 queries