View Single Post
Old 15 November 2020, 01:39   #1
Nostalgeek
OT Whore

HDToolBox and SD card formatting issue

Hi guys, and there it starts...getting back into Amiga and already tripping on the first step

I'm trying to prepare a SD card on my PC for future use in my new A1200.

Purchased AmigaOS 3.1.4 (that's what the kickstart ROMs in the A1200 are), I am setting up latest WinUAE and setting my SD card as a hard-drive, IDE Auto, check read/write and lock options (tried without the lock option as well and same result).

Prepared the SD card with DiskPart and Clean in Win10.

Run the 3.1.4 installer adf, go in HDToolBox, and I'm greeted by this window first every time, which I haven't seen in online tutorials or videos (see first attachment) which lets me think something isn't right.

Still, I can see the drive, I go in Change Drive Type, Define New, Read Information and everything comes up correctly with the size properly reported (tried 4GB and 16GB cards).

I go in Partition Drive, create two partitions the first one bootable and keeping most of it default, press OK, press save changes to drive, all is well or so it seems.

Press exit and I receive this message telling me I need to reboot and that's my only option except cancel, again something I haven't found in tutorials (see second attachment).

And after reboot...nothing. No unformatted disk mounted. Going back in HDToolBox, I get the same first warning about disks having changed and if I check partitions it seems my previous changes are lost.

I am doing something wrong? Tried different cards, and two different card readers and I don't understand it...

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: obviously title should say "partitioning" and not "formatting"...doh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amiga1.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	69689   Click image for larger version

Name:	amiga2.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	69690  

Last edited by Nostalgeek; 15 November 2020 at 01:40. Reason: title error

Page generated in 0.07124 seconds with 12 queries