View Single Post
Old 13 November 2002, 18:10   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

They developed Mission Elevator for micro-partner in 1987. I have the original and if you want more detail about that release then look here:

[Cody - took away URL!]

Then there's a reference to Softgold and Rainbow Arts by a guy who was development director of both Softgold and Rainbow Arts here:

http://www.wingssimulations.com/aboutus.html

As I said, the exact nature of the relationship between Softgold and Rainbow Arts is not clear, but Softgold certainly started out as a C64 developer and the two companies were tight but not 100% exclusive.

Softgold did a lot of developing for C64 and some for Amiga in the 1980s. On the Amiga (and perhaps other platforms) they branched out in the late 1980s as a publisher and distributor (IIRC they distributed Lucasarts games in Germany).

Neverthless, whenever I've seen Rainbow Arts and Softgold credited for an Amiga game, Rainbow Arts has always been the publisher and not Softgold (except for the budget Top Shots re-releases). Softgold may not always have had a development role in the Amiga projects they collaborated on with Rainbow Arts. It could be that they helped with distribution also.

Unfortunately, the links between a lot of the German Amiga companies are always going to be hard to figure out unless you get something from the horse's mouth, as it were.

Last edited by DrBong; 14 November 2002 at 03:37.

Page generated in 0.06190 seconds with 11 queries