View Single Post
Old 09 July 2012, 12:29   #34
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
I got myself a 32gig cf card and have spent a little time without success trying to prepare the card in winuae. I got as far as setting up the partitions with hdtoolbox and the capacity was accurate (even if it didnt report it accurately, it all added up correctly (7x4gig partitions and 2x1 gig partitions (the card is really only 29.7gig). Trying to save the changes though just gives me an error message (error type27, or error type7 if I recall correctly(cant recall which though)). There is still a master boot record on the card though, could this be the problem?

Im a little out of my element here I must admit, never used a cf card before, nor have I used a drive bigger than 6 gig off the ide port of my a1200 (only ever used larger drives with OS3.9, and that's with both amithlon, and a scsi card/drive connected to a pci card on my old grex1200).

To make matters a little trickier I have no Workbench discs, just adf images, OS3.9 and Amiga Forever 2006 and my a1200's floppy drive is slightly buggered and only reads (doesnt write).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I know exactly what the problem is because i had the same issue.
You can't have a partition mounted on the card when you use it on WinUAE, you need to open a partition manager like Easus Partition Manager and remove it, then try again with WinUAE, if everything's ok the problem should disapear but if, after removing the partition, Workbench doesn't recognize the card, try removing the partition with it mounted on WinUAE while it's running.
But let me advise you on this, i try to install ClassicWB on a 16 Gb CF Card on WinUAE and i was successful and it worked great under UAE but when i put on the Amiga 1200 it just won't boot.
I think the problem has to do with the Card Speed, mine was 166x and i think the amiga can't handle those speeds.

Page generated in 0.04315 seconds with 11 queries