View Single Post
Old 17 June 2022, 11:47   #49
brufnus

Oh dear, it's been a long time now, and I haven't really used the CDTV much for a while.
Anyway, I''ve had quite some experiences with the Pistorm by now...

The CPLD firmware doesn't yet implement the bus arbitration code, so I'm still unable to use my SCSI drives. However, it's actually possible to pull 256 MB out of it with the Musashi emulator, and as much as 365 MB with the Emu68, which by the way is extremely fast; about 874 MIPS (!) c".)

The Musashi still offers a bit more, thus it's possible to transfer files via wi-fi directly to the Amiga, the RTG works well, and the ability to swap KS and CPU on the fly is very handy as well.
I haven't come across any serious incompability issues with Amiga software, and it's generally pretty stable, too. All in all, it's definitely worthy as a CPU replacement, especially considering the low cost and the features it provides! :-D

A sidenote on the RGB vs. RTG - if RTG is being used, older programs which doesn't handle it are still using the RGB output, and they're both available simultaneously, so it's only a mattter of switching input on the monitor or having two monitors attached.

Last edited by brufnus; 17 June 2022 at 15:56.

Page generated in 0.05085 seconds with 11 queries