View Single Post
Old 05 December 2019, 09:16   #7
elowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
It's written in the top-bar. something like' AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition update 1' and behind that your available RAM. Or in the right click-menu in Workbench/Version-About.
Don't expect 1080p when using a Picasso IV. It only has 4mb of RAM, that's not enough for higher resolutions.
You need to use the UAE device for that but as far as i know that's not supported in the current FS-UAE. Maybe when Frode updates the UAEcore.

EDIT: to use Zorro3 RAM you need to edit your startup-sequence.
The c:bootloader line need to look like this:
C:Bootloader Commandline "norampager"

I'm not sure if that was everything. But it is explained in the readme of the update.

Great! So I startet the AMI-Updater, but it looks like it did not install the Update 1 - it just updated some other stuff, it seems!

Now - I DL the Update 1 manually some time ago and installed this on by extracting the lha and starting the installer...

Finally it says "4.1 FE Update1 " in my WB and the extra ZorroIII RAM is recognized as well

For the resolution - there is no fix/way to make it like 1440x900 or something like this? Hopefully, this will be possible any time soon.

Lastly, I saw that WHDLoad is now free/donation Ware. AmigaOS 4.1 was shipped with an unregistered version of it and needed a keyfile... but today you can not buy them anymore...

Is there a way to use the latest, free version of WHDLoad with all the pre-installed cinemaware games? I think they have a script or something installed to start from WHDLoad or something?

What files do I need to replace, to have free version working with all stuff that´s already installed on my OS?

best regards

Page generated in 0.22358 seconds with 11 queries