View Single Post
Old 15 March 2022, 18:42   #9
paraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommoH View Post
This is the main one where expedient meant "because I am aware that I don't know what the real test is" rather than to get to a first version more quickly (e.g. as per the current essentially-instant Blitter) or, I'm in sure in most cases, because I don't realise that I don't know something.
If some (or even most) games work correctly you're already pretty far, and you should give some of the testcases in the test suite I linked a try (under Agnus/DDF). They usually work without everything having to be implemented, and it's much easier to see what's wrong when only one thing is tested and you have the source available. Certainly much easier than trying to figure out why a "real" program is misbehaving (but you've probably also already spent lots of time disassembling and comparing DMA usage in WinUAE).

Anyway good luck. Getting to say 95% correct was super exciting, but after that it just gets exponentially harder. Very rewarding when you finally figure it out, but I have maybe 1/10 of the patience and experience e.g. Toni has so, 96% is fine for me

P.S. For a fun one, see if you can get Razor 1911 - Voyage to load

Page generated in 0.04855 seconds with 11 queries