View Single Post
Old 14 March 2022, 20:32   #8
TommoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
First off, sorry there are some (many) details I'm forgetting. I coded up a basic emulator that works for most cases with OCS last year and was going by notes/code
I'm incredibly grateful for anything, thanks! (And to Toni!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
Is it almost right except for a few cases or always off? My recommendation would be to get lowres screens (without scrolling) down pat, then scrolling for those and finally also hires. The KS2.x boot screens for example has HIRES+scroll.
It depends on the test, I don't want to bore anyone with the case-by-case — the emulator is already complete and runs most things correctly, including proper native games like Robocod and both R-Types, I'm just aware of quite a few places where I've consciously done the expedient thing rather than the correct thing.

This is the main one where expedient meant "because I am aware that I don't know what the real test is" rather than to get to a first version more quickly (e.g. as per the current essentially-instant Blitter) or, I'm in sure in most cases, because I don't realise that I don't know something.

Page generated in 0.04931 seconds with 11 queries