View Single Post
Old 26 October 2021, 07:28   #173
jotd
This cat is no more

no, in that particular spot, facing up, no ghost can get you for an infinite amount of time.

It allows the player to take a bathroom break after a few hours too (I don't have the exact time but this was this position). I also don't know why the player does that at start. Maybe to test that it's working so bathroom breaks are possible later?

It happens because:

1) ghosts cannot go up to get pacman in that location (and also above the pen). In that situation, even the red ghost is forced to turn in circles to get closer to pac-man, but using the circuit below (continuing left would make him reach pacman eventually but the first turn is shorter the other way...). Yes the A.I. isn't A* or Djikistra it's primitive.
2) facing up means pink ghost aims above left and misses the turn (same happens for blue too)
3) red also misses the turn to left and goes up because goes into scatter mode. And when switching from scatter to chase, it also (by chance) doesn't arrive on the right of pacman.

To achieve that, the positions of the ghosts are also important. There are some positions where it won't work. Ms Pacman also have blind spots in some mazes. Best way to find them is to enable invincible cheat and test.

I'll test that location in my version, but I'm pretty confident it will behave the same way.

Page generated in 0.07447 seconds with 11 queries