Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2019, 08:28   #9
earok

Cheers guys, I hope I don't disappoint!

Next steps, I'm going to implement a stack for functions, streamline static images/huds/menus (combine these all into one type that shares the functionality of all three), and work on a secondary sample/tutorial game. Enemy AI is on the backburner while I tidy up some of the core functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
As musician i wonder of you will be able to support multi-mod song with jump to position xx, will help to do more immersive soundtracks
That might be possible. For memory reasons, Scorpion only loads one mod at a time. It is possible to change songs at real time in reaction to events, but it'll pause while the game loads the next song (assuming you're playing from an HDD or CD, this shouldn't be too much of a problem).

The library I'm using for playing music has this function, which I could expose to the scripting language (I don't really know much about trackers, but I presume setting the Position is what you want to be able to do?)

Quote:
ModulePositionJump(Position#)

This command tells the play routine to jump to the pattern requested in
Position#.

NOTE: There is no error checking done at this time. It would be wise to know where you're going.

Page generated in 0.09867 seconds with 11 queries