View Single Post
Old 29 February 2008, 17:33   #7
Beakster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
Ha, here it is: complete WarpOS API documentation:

http://utilitybase.com/ref/?action=L...ncgroup=WarpOS

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did some digging last night and found quite a bit of stuff to. I've got the latest version of WarpOS and PowerUP which have full APIs in AmigaGuide. Ideally I need to see the source code for the ppc.library/powerpc.library/warp.library to fully understand how they talk to the PPC board. Source is not available for these so I am going to play around with some disassemblers/decompliers and see if I can make sense of the output.

WarpOS also has information on writing hardware drivers which are used by the HAL. In the case that I can't get the information I need about how the CyberstormPPC/BlizzardPPC boards work, I will implement PPC emulation in UAE however is easiest then write my own WarpOS driver. This will have the downside that only WarpOS will run, and OS4 is won't work, but hopefully I won't have to go down this path.

After I've learned all I can about how the Amiga talks to the PPC my next step will be to go through the IBM documents on the 603e in detail and get a good understanding of this processor. Once that's done I'll get started on looking at PearPC and Qemu and see which has the best PPC emulation code I can extract. Understanding UAE and trying to integrate the PPC emulation code will of course be the big task, but I think its perfectly possible.

Lots to do but should keep me occupied for a while. I'm currently "on the bench" at work which means the company is waiting for more successful project bids on application development projects to provide a new role for me. Until that time I have some time to kill so will start hacking away. :-)

Page generated in 0.13496 seconds with 11 queries