View Single Post
Old 11 October 2007, 18:41   #15
ppill
CON: artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
(...) Since this thread brought the ClassicWB packs and my name into the discussion regarding the startup-sequences, I'm sure you can understand why I felt like making a statement.
Of course. Glad you have cleared this up

Quote:
Your own startup-sequence is very compact and neat and you've done well to get that fast boot time! One thing to be aware of is because you've removed the user-startup, some install programs may not work as they write to this file. As long as you install that stuff by hand, it won't be an issue.
The user-startup is still in s: and (like you said) I make any adjustments after a new program's been installed which usually means adding another entry to the s:asslist. It felt kinda weird that during startup the assign command is issued like every other line (waste of space). And user-startup usually is a bunch of 'assign this to that' statements.

Quote:
By the way, what datatype are you using for this? I'm very interested! Thanks.
Actually there probably is no way to do this under 3.0/3.1. It turns out I used remapollo to load the new icon.library together with IconDT by Stephan Rupprecht. My bad. That was on a different set-up (my A1200). This s-s comes from my current WinUAE config.

Page generated in 0.22913 seconds with 11 queries