View Single Post
Old 11 July 2021, 20:52   #978
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
This is impressive. It has a great arcade style. Looks great for the OCS but if ever a game also needed an AGA version it's this one to get more colors on screen
I think the game looks colorful enough as it is, and I don't really see how it would benefit from a wider palette for the kind of scenarios that are being used in the levels.

Quote:
One minor criticism - maybe it's a memory issue but the shooting sounds are not meaty enough.
That's an opinion, not a technical issue.

Quote:
And that "blippy" sound when you hit an enemy but don't kill it is very weedy sounding.
Once more an opinion.

Quote:
Just seems a shame to make it so arcade-like and then spoil that a bit.
Which is your opinion.

Quote:
Also bit disappointing there is no sound FX when you pick up items.
True, but on the other side sound fx are expensive in Chip RAM, and Inviyya takes up almost every last byte of it.

So for that pick up sound I'd have to sacrifice something else that I deemed more important than that. There was a pickup sound in the game for a long time (you can ask the testers on that), but it got thrown out for more important stuff in the end.

Quote:
I you do a sequel on OCS I would consider going to 25 fps and making the graphics even better. 25 fps still feels pretty smooth - e.g. R-Type on the Amiga
Like McGeezer said, i don't have the slightest idea how this would "solve" anything you complained about above.

It would just make the game less fun to play, because 25 fps suck on reaction based action games.

Just because you are used to shit from old games doesn't mean it's good.

On your opinions, well, good to hear you generally like the game on most fronts. And on the rest, well, if i learned one thing from developing this game it's: You just cannot make everybody happy, especially not in Amiga land.

Last edited by Steril707; 11 July 2021 at 21:22.

Page generated in 0.07632 seconds with 11 queries