View Single Post
Old 07 July 2019, 07:52   #62
JimDrew

I am not sure what Joe gave you, but the v3.3 that I have seen online is just as registered version that had the serial number set to 00000, but none of the protection checks have been removed. This will result in random crashing, usually immediately when starting the Mac, but sometimes after the Mac desktop appears.

The last version of PCx (v3.0) already has the improved protected mode code.

With the exception of a couple of developer (debug) utilities, I am not aware of any games or applications that do not work under FUSION. The debug utilities take over the Mac OS and setup the MMU for a debugging platform. I could support it, but literally nobody ever reported this. I only knew about the issue because we used this particular development platform when doing some of the Mac side code for EMPLANT's Mac emulation.

My comment about the copyright laws were not directed towards anyone. The fact remains that whether you can buy a piece of software not, it is illegal to copy or pirate it. The law is no different for a piece of software released today, or one that was released 75 years ago.

Last edited by JimDrew; 03 September 2019 at 05:45.

Page generated in 0.05010 seconds with 11 queries