View Single Post
Old 30 January 2021, 17:06   #35
alain.treesong
Aghnar

@neoman
What you show in the video and what I assume you have implemented is just great.
So it's cool that you're continuing your engine with maybe (or not) a new game in the future.
Personally I played a lot of SF2 at the time in the arcade and a lot of SF3 and Capcom vs snk on dreamscast (with the sega arcade controller of course ;-) .
What I can say is that the visual technique is certainly important but the most important thing (for me) is the gameplay. I prefer less scroll and more playability (so less time to code the technical aspect and more time to code the playability aspect).
I think that with 2mega of chip and only 16 colour characters, you can have a lot of frames. It will be necessary to manage the response time, the combination of moves between different characters...etc (of course you already thought about that). Indeed, getting information from SF2 is a good approach.
In any case, as I said at the beginning of the message, the video is really good and what you say in it seems to me sensible and feasible (thump up! ;-) )

Page generated in 0.06690 seconds with 11 queries