View Single Post
Old 20 August 2019, 13:59   #14
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Starforce is an incredible game - probably my favourite shooter.
I love Starforce. It's funny because for years I had only played the MSX port of it, and that's not very good (Hudson did it much better later with the MSX version of Star Soldier)

At the shmups.com forum we used to hold a year competition with teams competing for hiscore in different games, and one time arcade Starforce was the game.

And I was completely shocked about HOW INCREDIBLY FUN that game is. So I only go to know it properly a few years ago, when the game was already incredibly old. And I got keep coming back to it even after that competition (though I never beat my own score achieved then, hehe )

I've then played the NES version to death too (which unlike the MSX one, is a great port), also played it on a competition, and I have a very respectable hiscore on it

It's hard to not get some Compile influence on my shoot'em ups, but the clear goal here is to meet Starforce kind of fun. I really wanted to do something on Amiga that felt like Starforce, even if add some more modern stuff to it (Like midbosses and more than "Press button very quickly" as a score system )

Page generated in 0.06224 seconds with 11 queries