View Single Post
Old 03 June 2021, 13:26   #492
alancfrancis

I'm not sure whether to ask this here or in one of the coder groups, but I'm keen to start using the 3.2 SDK instead of 39 and I'm not really sure how. I have SAS/C6.58 set up on a 3.2 install after @boemann suggested it was how the 3.2 team were developing, but I'm very unfamiliar with the tool, have previously used DICE 30 years ago, and recently VBCC (on Mac and Amiga) and bebbos gcc (on the Mac).

Unlike gcc and vbcc SAS does not seem to care about a separate NDK location, so I assume it comes with a set of headers and link libs "built in"? If so, how do I insert the 3.2NDK into the paths it's searching instead of whatever its currently using ?

For gcc on the Mac, I've had a couple of people say they've been able to use the 3.2NDK without modification, but I'm aware that bebbo's makefile patches the NDK39 headers and generates a bunch of compiler specific stuff as part of the install. My next step is to try just clearing out the /opt/amiga/m68k-amigaos/ndk/lib and ndk-include folders, both of which came from a downloaded NDK39 and replacing them with the 3.2 libs and headers to see what happens.

For vbcc (Mac and Amiga), I think it uses its own amiga.lib, but uses the headers from NDK3.9 so I'm not sure what to do there... I can change where it looks for headers, but not sure what to do about the compiler-specific amiga.lib.

The readme says "If you have never been bitten by the urge to develop for the Amiga,
what are you waiting for?" I'm totally bitten by the urge, I just don't know how best to get started :-)

Any help, thoughts, guidance appreciated here.

Page generated in 0.04188 seconds with 11 queries