View Single Post
Old 09 December 2021, 17:05   #9
Crom

I hear your points but lots of what you mention center around "what if" so with the V4 range things have matured to the point where things actually "are". So if you hate using your Amiga as nothing more than a power supply when A Vampire is connected to it then get a standalone solution they have it in the V4 Standalone, if you want your original Amiga with varying degrees of custom chips in core you have it.

AMMX: The team provides code examples and has provided sample code for developers to follow in the form of sample games using RTG and SAGA modes.

68k: It's dead Jim, OK but PPC even worse.... and native ARM Support in Amiga? Well it's in tadpole stage at best. At least both cool projects like Pistorm and V4 080 cores are both running a common code base instead of fragmenting the user base between PPC and 68k Classic

So when I look at the landscape and think about things I can actually buy in a useable state V4 is right at the top of the list.

To be clear there are more V4's coming months, not years from now. More power to those that can produce and follow through on the "what if" features but if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Add the supply chain woes to the mix and its going to be a couple of years before some other projects get out there in the numbers I as an Amiga fan would love to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promilus View Post
@Crom - ok so let's get going. AMMX - basically useless unless some rare software made by either vampire users or apollo team themselves.
RTG - well it works on PiStorm as well
16bit audio - SNIP THATS A LOT OF TEXT.

Last edited by Crom; 09 December 2021 at 23:30.

Page generated in 0.04368 seconds with 11 queries