Thread: Project Horizon
View Single Post
Old 07 April 2021, 23:18   #119
sovenyimre

BTW.. If anyone can help.....I asked for help in AMOS.coder section but failed.
I still have a problem I'm looking for a AMOS solution:

We want to make a version in floppy-s but the game can't fit on one disk, so I have to manage them on multiple disks.

-First, when I check with "Exist ("file")" if the disk needed to be replaced, but then... it remembers the current status of the file I am looking for and I allways get "Exist ("file")=-1"even after I am changing the disk with the right file on.
It seems to be memorized and I can't make it forget.

-Second version. If I use "Trap Load file: Errtrap = 81" instead of "Exist", the first disk swap will work, it finds the file I am looking for, but... from now on, it will also memorized as existing file (and all the files I used before) and treat these files as if they were existing in the current disk.
gain, I get "Exist (file) = - 1" for each file, does not matter if I use full path or just a filename.

I assume the existents of the files are stored/buffered somehow, which I should reset, and I cant find any information how to do this!?

There has to be a solution as other games also written in AMOS and used multiple disks.
Samurai_Crow told me that "The file exists bug is an Amiga Workbench bug" but if anyone can help me, or tell me where can I find a working example/solution to my problem?

Page generated in 0.04386 seconds with 11 queries