View Single Post
Old 20 November 2021, 15:36   #219
Mixel

I've been contemplating removing the skull o' doom.. When I first added him I hadn't fully established how explorey the levels would get.. Now I know it's more metroid-vania-ish I'm tempted to totally remove the concept of a timer, as he's only a mild annoyance anyway, the amount of pressure players might feel is disproportionate to the amount of damage he can do, so it's kind of a waste of ram just waiting there to appear on every level.. I can repurpose him for a boss fight later or something? ANYWAY.. Undecided.

Anyone have any opinions on irritating timer skull?

Another question I'm asking myself now, in one of my sea-faring levels i need airborne enemies, i was thinking i might use the bats i use later in the game but they're not ideal probably.. Seagulls? Seagulls that poop on you? lol.

Things have been going reasonably steadily but in a totally scattershot way where i inch a lot of levels forward bit by bit. As I'm not planning on another demo right now it means im not really 100%ing completing any level yet.. I'm getting close on a few of them, but the real time consuming thing is creating interesting enemy types, animation and behaviour. I still anticipate accelerating as the process continues, but health and other home issues are slowing me down a bit. I'll have more interesting stuff to show very soon though.

Here's a more up to date game map.. the greener it gets, the closer to completion.. all the pure green stuff is in the demo.. the top left area is incredibly close to completion and the top right maps are very much works in progress..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-20 142133.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	73877

Page generated in 0.07359 seconds with 12 queries