View Single Post
Old 18 September 2021, 00:03   #16
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I don't think so. The budget PiSTorm CPU accelerator can reveal USB devices on the other side of the 680x0 emulation as native Amiga devices that use existing / no drivers.

USB Mass Storage devices appear as native IDE hard-drives. Mice/Keyboards/Joysticks as the standard Amiga keyboard/mouse/joystick. RTG & AHI.

I am sure there are other devices PiSTorm can share with the Amiga side in the future, Ethernet/Wifi, Midi, etc. Pretty much anything you'd ever want to connect via USB.

I think the day of native USB host controllers for classic AmigaOS may have passed.

Well, that as you said, requires the pistorm hardware though.. what about just native support via PCMCIA like any other PC can use.. THAT is more what I mean.. I have a couple USB cards I use in my laptops to give them a few usb ports extra when transferring from external HD's.. something that would be awesome on the Amiga.

And A2000 can use those with the available expansion card you can install that I saw on one of the websites out there.

Page generated in 0.04676 seconds with 11 queries