View Single Post
Old 19 October 2017, 09:55   #432
drHirudo
Amiga user

The Amiga homebrew scene is the most impressive.

Quote:
Why is the homebrew scene on the Amiga not as impressive...
This is a wrong question! Because the Amiga homebrew scene is the most impressive of all the retro platforms I saw over the years. If you talk about games, may be not so impressive, even if good full games were released like Tales of Gorluth and Solid Gold. Then we have very accurate arcade ports like Rygar. We also have ~100% accurate ports from Atari ST, Oric and 3D engines like Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Duke Nukem etc etc. Mod and patches of old games, making them more playable or enhancing them. For the hardware we have many new releases and even 2 free firmwares for Gotek floppies. All this came from the homebrew scene. Then we have the demo scene were the most impressive demos are released for Amiga hardware.

Since there is virtually zero commercial development for the classic Amiga right now, all new uploads to Aminet and the Zone are done by the homebrew scene. I loved playing with emulators and checking other platforms homebrew releases and I must say - they suck compared to the Amiga releases. That's it. Amiga's homebrew is the most impressive.

Page generated in 0.04229 seconds with 11 queries