View Single Post
Old 30 May 2021, 15:50   #4
Velociraptor5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Up to 107 characters.

I think this is an OS (3.1) limit. Try new workbench.library and icon.library.

The good thing is, normally you never need icon files larger then the limit. I never needed it or fall in that problem. Drawer icons usually don't need any changeable content. So, no problem with length. Own project icons are shorter if you don't "break" yourself. If you can't live with the limit try a newer OS.

Hi,
you are right, limit is 107 but 102 (+5 reserved for ".info" files), now tested.

The various icon examples was only for explanation of the problem.
Actually, I am interested in Folder icons only, nothing more. Maybe normally somebody never need icon files larger than the limit, but I wanted to have perfect description of the games, original WHDLoad names are sometimes quite stupid. I have enough space under the folder icons cca 40 characters (very wide icons). Before time I had builded the WHDLoad system, where the Foldernames have been longer than 25 characters, but it have been quite difficult for maintenance, because ccs 25% of WHDLoad content have been described by names longer than 25 characters. That means, these games had to be first saved (window size and positions) with the lenght max 25 characters and then could be renamed to wanted lenght (more than 25 characters). And everything worked fine, but as I said, it's not too comfortable.

About libraries...
My system contains icon.library v46.4.326 (68020), but doesn't contain any workbench.library. The aminet contains newer versions of icon.library (also contains workbench libraries) but now is out of order, I'll have to test it later.

About OS3.5 and more..
Before time i was testing OS3.5 just for fun, but it's horrible system compared to Classic Workbench with WB3.1., because this system is already much more similar to Windows, and much more comfortable for me.

Thanks for the info
Unfortunately, I'll try to replace the libraries later until the Aminet is working.

Page generated in 0.04375 seconds with 11 queries