View Single Post
Old 14 October 2022, 18:24   #69
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponki1986 View Post
I have many reasons for just using Direct3D. An example is Bezels/Overlay which I often use to make games look better on my 26" LCD.

I found the reason for the automatic switching of Native modes from Full Screen to Full Window. The error log states that Direct3D version 11 could not be initialised and automatically switched to version 9. I saved the configuration with the version 9 setting and after a reboot everything was fine as I wanted. Native modes used Full Screen and RTG used Full Window. It's a bit strange that I can't use Direct3D version 11, as I have KB2670838 and KB2834140 installed. I have tried the Hardware and Software settings. On the other hand, after installing DirectX Jun2010 Redist Direct3D version 9 works very well. GDI also works, but then Overlay and filters cannot be enabled. The screen blur I wrote about earlier also disappears when GDI is selected. Here I still don't know why in earlier versions of WinUAE only the smaller RTG resolutions were smoothed nicely, but now also the larger one that Workbench uses.
Ok, so it was not GDI. D3D9/11 modes should still be exact same as previously. Did you recheck that 4.9.1 work differently? (It is not some driver change or GPU profile change etc..)

Select D3D11 with logging enabled and check winuaelog.txt. Perhaps there is some missing driver/HW requirement or something like that.

Page generated in 0.34232 seconds with 11 queries