View Single Post
Old 13 June 2014, 20:55   #563
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Warning: long reply ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_a500 View Post
I start Workbench and move the pointer up and down. The pointer randomly stops at a random vertical position, as if it has reached the screen border. There's no problem with horizontal. If you continue to move the pointer up and down, it eventually goes back to normal, but problem comes back later - randomly. (problem seems very familiar, but I can't remember)

The problem seems to have started in FS-UAE 2.5.2dev and is still in FS-UAE 2.5.4dev. There is no problem in FS-UAE 2.5.0dev. (can't remember if I tried 2.5.1dev)
I haven't managed to reproduce it, but it is of course possible I just haven't tried long enough. Does it happen fairly soon after Workbench starts? Does it happen with a stock Workbench environment?

Quote:
1. Crackly audio - I've had this problem for years and I always assumed it was my old, slow computers, but now I've got a kick-ass top-of-the-line computer and I still have crackly audio.
Please provide log files and screenshot of performance graphs (Ctrl+F10 to display graphs).

Quote:
2. Scanline flicker - when flipping between screens interlaced/non-interlaced there is a very noticeable flicker as if the scanlines are being drawn very slowly. (UAE has always had a problem with scanlines)
Can you provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to easily reproduce?

Quote:
3. Jerky scrolling - scrolling has improved, but it's still far from perfect. Example - try viewing a text file with MuchMore. (jerk city)
Log files and performance graphs here too please

Quote:
4. Multiple config files - yes, this is Apple's problem, but I would like to eventually double click a config file and not have it open default instead
I'm about to try a workaround suggested in an earlier thread. EDIT: workaround implemented and tested -it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
The new version instead is brilliant, no need for swap or on screen menus, no need for extra click, it just does the swap automatically by using it. Your solution now is also much better than the old auto switch solution before wich ONLY reacted on the button click.
Thanks for testing, and great that you like it

Quote:
Why did you decide that Amiga joystick/mouse button usage does not trigger any internal switching ? I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
It just didn't seem necessary. That can easily be changed if it would improve anything

Quote:
I discovered scrambled flickering screen since 2.5.x series when ADF started in fullscreen from launcher in OSX 10.9.3

It does happen right after start of fs-uae from the fs-uae-launcher and stays for about 2 seconds. It does not happen in fs-arcade. It does not happen when started in window mode. I retested the v2.4.0. It does not happen on 2.4.x series launcher in fullscreen.

It looks like the memory for the bitplane that was not cleared or the pointer of the bitplane points somewhere into memory of the host OS.

Its exactly the time when it should fade from black to light gray. When light gray becomes white (about 3 seconds after start) the scrambled screen becomes cleared.

Anyone else sees this? Anyway its only cosmetic though, after start phase every things seems quite normal.
I haven't really seen this on my OS X 10.8 laptop. It could be related to the new "fullscreen space" fullscreen support in the recent development versions. Can you test with both
Code:
fullscreen_mode = desktop
and
Code:
fullscreen_mode = fullscreen
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzabo View Post
The latest development version of FS-UAE is now available in the CCR for Chakra Linux.
I'm not familiar with Chakra Linux, but I would be happy to provide some information about that on the FS-UAE download page. But I need some more information: what does the user have to do to install those packages on Chakra Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
There's a drop down on the right that shows "all games and configurations" ... is it possible to add a "Configurations Only" and "Games Only" option to this to filter the list just to configurations and games?
Right now it is only used to select custom game lists from oagd.net (which isn't really enabled yet, some work left on the server side). But it does make sense to add those options to the list as well

Quote:
Is it possible to load any ADF into a drive whilst the emulator is running, or MUST it be part of the swap list. I hate not being able to just load any ADF as I normally forget to add it to the list. If this isn't already there, could it be added? If not, can you add a feature to automatically dynamically populate the swap list with all ADFs in a folder and subfolders (like a tick box or something)
Technically possible, yes - I have just never bothered yet to write a proper directory / file selector which can be efficiently used with a large set of files. I'm reluctant to add an half-baked feature.

Quote:
Is the HDF Creator broken on the 2.5.5dev2 on Mac OS X. No matter what I select it will not create a hard file.
Bug fixed for 2.5.6dev, thanks for reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariath View Post
Would be possible to assign the emulator pause function to the gamepad Start button?
I'll add support for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-TEAM View Post
Hi, no joystick is working anymore in 2.5.5dev2 - in 2.4.ö1 it works 1a.
Win 7 64bit Pro - orginal amiga pro joystick over usb high clock adapter.
http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
In version. 2.3.6 dev, is it possible, to get an afterglow xbox 360 pad to work? Selecting joystick mode or cd 32 pad mode does not work.
It should work fine as long as the gamepad is recognized by your operating system. http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
why don't using latest dev fs-uae ? 2.3.6 is old !
Indeed, please use 2.4.1dev or the latest development version, I won't provide support for 2.3.x any more

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 June 2014 at 21:31.

Page generated in 0.04862 seconds with 11 queries