View Single Post
Old 17 April 2021, 20:54   #19
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Now, after internet and everything... I have to ask question: is 030 capable of anything ?
It's so weak that can't run doom, at acceptable rates, and Ok.. it's more compatible with old games, comparing to 040... but what about 020?

I mean.. it seems that 030 gets bad from each way... you are not enough fast to run Doom, yet you provide compatibility for older games less then 020.

Why would anyone want this processor?
My Viperk MkII 030@28mhz with 68882fpu came with a A1200 I brought. That extra speed when working with archives was great. Also being able to use the internet because I had more RAM available to run Miami with MUI as I couldn't figure out how to set up AmiTCP/IP at the time was nice.

I never used it for NetBSD as I didn't have a CD drive and trying to copy the files from pc via floppy was not going to be worth it.

I don't know what DOOM is like on a 030 if it was writing directly to a chunky display, I guess Mac or a NextStep would be best to compare. I read on the Atari Falcon that it had to write at 16 bits and not the full 32bits which caused a slow down.

030 is great

Page generated in 0.05313 seconds with 11 queries