View Single Post
Old 20 June 2002, 11:29   #12
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Question More scandoubler questions

OK guys, my 1084 just died tonight and I like Akira am not prepared to buy another 10 year old monitor hoping that it will last another few years... So if somebody could answer these questions for me I would be very grateful! (btw I own a plain Amiga 1200 (no tower!) with 50Mhz 68030 and an internal 3.5" hard drive):

1. Does an external scandoubler require power? My system often freezes when I turn it on, so I have to turn it on then off then on before it gets enough juice into it. (I am using an A500 PSU btw). I also do not want the hassle of UK power supplies or adapters etc (NZ uses 240V like Australia).

2. Does *ANY* PC monitor work with a scandoubler or I still have to find one which syncs low enough? With newer monitors coming out all the time I'm not keen on buying a scandoubler to find I have to buy old(ish) PC monitors to feed it!

3. Can somebody recommend a LEGIT shop which will sells one? (I live in New Zealand remember!) Preferably for me I'd rather have somebody buy it in a real shop, test it and send it to me in the post and I pay them via Paypal or whatever payment they like. It'd be too easy for a dodgy online shop to steal my cash, ignore emails and say "it must have gotten lost in the mail" and hope that little old New Zealand Amiga user is a twit and can't chase it up being 10,000 km away.

4. This is probably a really stupid question but since I've only ever run my Amiga Workbench in 640x256 mode, do ALL games running in standard PAL 320x256 format run fine through a scandoubler and PC monitor? My main reason for getting one is so I can continue to crack/HD install games and not run 24 bit gfx packages in some special Workbench display mode.

If anyone is willing to help I would be grateful!

Page generated in 0.04452 seconds with 11 queries