View Single Post
Old 22 May 2021, 19:12   #44
manossg

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Ah, but I'd guess there is a reason why you may still notice lag below 200ms. See, it's not just your perception, but also you actions that are delayed. So if you press a button (with about 200ms of 'built-in' lag) and then perceive the result of your action not after 400ms since 'starting' the push button 'action' (which would be 0 input lag), but rather at 500ms then I don't think it's unreasonable you could perceive that as 100ms of lag.

My totally-not-scientific guess is that some people are more sensitive to these delays than others.
But response time actually includes this (motor) delay in the 200ms, so it's not just perception.

These 5-7 frames from dreadnought's post account for how many ms? We are talking about 50 frames per second? If so, then 1000/50=20ms for each frame. For 5-7 frames, that adds up to 100-140ms, well within the 200ms of a young, healthy (and sober :P ) person's response time. But this only if actually response time accounts for perceived input lag.

My (also totally not scientific) guess is that the same factors that affect response time affect sensitivity to input lag.

Page generated in 0.04219 seconds with 11 queries