View Single Post
Old 04 February 2017, 23:16   #66
alpine9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Did you change the GCC output to accept Mototola syntax? Vasm is supposed to accept AT&T syntax but it was more of a work in progress lacking enough testing. Did you use vlink to produce Amiga hunk format?
I saw that vbcc has a "-gas" option, but I really prefer the standard mot/vasm syntax and tend to use the generated assembler as a starting point for converting critical stuff to pure asm, so I wanted it to be normal mot syntax.

Yes, I use vlink to create hunk files. However my code doesn't need any external C libraries so that makes things easier for me. The compiler couldn't build hello.c at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
How much performance and code size difference is there between gcc6/vasm and gcc6/gas? It is sad that vbcc code generation quality has declined recently. Supposedly there have been some minor fixes for loops since the vbcc 0.9e release which would require requesting the source and re-compiling (there are newer source only versions of vasm available too). Did you test with the original vbcc 0.9e release?
I didn't get my game working with gas. Re code size, the game is slightly larger with GCC compared to VBCC (like 500 bytes out of 500kb).

I tried the latest vbcc source snapshot and it wasn't any different.

Page generated in 0.04177 seconds with 11 queries