View Single Post
Old 21 February 2022, 19:25   #88
hitm4n

Hi mad. Your comments have made me check again and i think i can now see where the issue is. My configs actually use the same resolutions as Damiens configs. When i create these i load one of Damiens config files, change the disc and then save it back out under the new name. I load the game, check it works, drop into windowed mode and have to reduce the scaling from 2xHor and 2xVer to 1x to grab the title and gameplay screenshots at the correct resolutions. Without DirectDraw i get weird looking "sort of" scanlines and the screenshots are horrible. With DirectDraw its all good for me. I can get round this, and fix my configs to be Direct3D and simply add the DirectDraw option to my own host/hardware overrides, so i think thats easily fixed for other people. Sometimes i have to fiddle with whether its AGA or OCS and change kickstarts, but not very often. So in theory, all my configs should match Damiens.

But i do use these overrides on my own setup to force 2xVertical and 2xHorizontal (Because my desktop res is 1920x1080, much bigger, i have to scale the games up to fit. Plus various other tweaks to make it right for me), and i think these scaling options are being saved into the base config files as well. I didn't think this would happen but it's good to be learning this stuff along the way and fix it early on...

Upon doing a compare, heres part of my Jelly Othelly config...
Code:
gfx_display=0
gfx_display_rtg=0
gfx_framerate=1
gfx_width=720
gfx_height=576
gfx_top_windowed=0
gfx_left_windowed=0
gfx_width_windowed=720
gfx_height_windowed=576
gfx_width_fullscreen=720
gfx_height_fullscreen=576
gfx_refreshrate=0
And the same part of Damiens from a recent addition, Poker Nights...
Code:
gfx_display=0
gfx_framerate=1
gfx_width=720
gfx_height=568
gfx_width_windowed=720
gfx_height_windowed=568
gfx_width_fullscreen=720
gfx_height_fullscreen=576
gfx_refreshrate=0
So to me theres nothing wrong here... who's counting 8 pixels...

The next part is where i think it goes wrong...
Damiens, from Poker Nights again...
Code:
gfx_vsync=false
gfx_lores=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=true
gfx_fullscreen_picasso=false
gfx_center_horizontal=smart
gfx_center_vertical=smart
gfx_colour_mode=32bit
gfx_blacker_than_black=false
gfx_api=direct3d
And mine, Jelly Othelly again...
Code:
gfx_vsync=false
gfx_vsyncmode=normal
gfx_vsync_picasso=false
gfx_vsyncmode_picasso=normal
gfx_lores=false
gfx_resolution=hires
gfx_lores_mode=normal
gfx_flickerfixer=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=fullwindow
gfx_fullscreen_picasso=false
gfx_center_horizontal=smart
gfx_center_vertical=smart
gfx_colour_mode=32bit
gfx_blacker_than_black=false
gfx_api=directdraw
gfx_api_options=hardware
gfx_filter_vert_zoom_multf=2.000000
gfx_filter_horiz_zoom_multf=2.000000
So here, Damien uses fullscreen, i use fullscreenwindow. And i have those 2 vert zoom and horiz zoom options set to 2.

I'm hoping i can remove those lines, place them in my overrides (actually, those 2 lines are already in my overrides) and once again, it'll be fixed for you lot and still work great for me too.

I'm on it. Now that i've sussed it out (hopefully), i will repack, remove those 2x lines, go back to direct3d and hopefully everything works for you guys, including Damien

But i will say this. As much as you guys have issues here, i have had feedback that these configs, and my overrides as they stand now, work great for others. In the same way that Damien has only ever set the pack up his way, for his screen resolutions, i am setting these packs up my way for my resolutions and then sharing it. Who doesn't want more games in the collection? 1080p is hardly bleeding edge either. I run this whole shebang on my 65" 4K Sony Bravia and Amiga gaming has never looked so good

I can concede though that the options that are messing things up for you guys don't need to be in the configs, so have no problem fixing these.

So... I am now going to make those changes and reupload.
Should only take a few mins. BRB

Page generated in 0.05393 seconds with 11 queries