View Single Post
Old 29 October 2012, 00:10   #12
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukassid View Post
Got problem with Aca620 too. Brown socket is very poor quality. You need to find sweet spot to get it to work. If I move my Amiga then it don't work, it's not a good fun if you need to open case every time you wanna use Amiga. I also need to contact Vesalia.
I think the brown socket seems like okay quality, but of course it was never meant to support an entire PCB upside-down like that.

I have cleaned the pins of the CPU many times now and it seems to get a little better every time I do it, so I think this is where the problem lies. In a 21 year old computer it is probably hard to get a good enough connection. I think I've cleaned it 5 separate times now both with a brush and cotton buds. There are also no more creaking noises and it feels much more 'right' when it pops onto the CPU now.

Unfortunately it's still not 100% stable. Memtest today got an error after about 30 mins in a marching test, where it read '5555' when it expected 'aaaa', which indicated that it read the value from the previous write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
You risk getting black listed by starting a thread like this mate.
Nah, I'm not bashing them or anything. Just used to quicker response times, although with many smaller german companies it can be an issue if you don't write to them in german like utri007 writes.

Page generated in 0.05821 seconds with 11 queries