View Single Post
Old 01 September 2019, 17:31   #6
RedAvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by betajaen View Post
Little update.

I added a fan to the Invidision Mk-II. It's a simple 40mm ebay nothing special fan. I mounted it using plastic hexagonal bolt things - which I bought from banggood years ago.

I had to file down the mounting holes of the fan to wedge the plastic bolts in. I did it for all four holes, and then one hole which has a little screw thread. I then very carefully screwed it through the earth hole of the Invidision with a plastic nut. It's sits a few mm above the board, and apart from being noisey, I assume keeps the invidision cool.

It's not powered by the Amiga - but a USB laptop cooling pad I took apart. It was modular enough, that I could just put the fan on, and I just power it via the nearby USB hub. It has an on/off switch and even a wheel to adjust the speed.

Simple
I had the same problem - Indivision getting hot resulting in flickering pixels. I used a few zip ties, one to anchor the corner through the hole in the card, the other by looping around the card and tightening it. It makes for a sturdy solution that is very quick to remove if I needed it to. The wires I had to shorten a bit and the remaining bits are neatly pushed against the board.

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 11 queries