View Single Post
Old 16 January 2021, 14:03   #392
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
I think only 50% of A1200 users got harddrives. Back in the day, I knew 2 A1200 owners in real life and neither had a HD at the time.It would be interesting to see stats from Commodore. Reminds me of XBox360 - no game could use the hardrive to the full extent because the people who bought the Core model with no HD wouldn't be able to play it
The XBox comparison is just silly. XBox and Playstation games are always released on CD-ROM and Blu-Ray; so yeah you don't need hard drives.

...just because you only knew 2 people with A1200s and no hard drive doesn't make it fact; and I'm sure down the line they purchased / added hard drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
Something else that makes the CD32 an excellent machine is that games made for it would have had extra levels - like Banshee was going to have 2 extra levels. Zool does have an extra level and I think Jetstrike does too. These were just early games often quickly ported so imagine the future enhanced versions that would be available.
Errr, Banshee CD32 has one extra level.

Out of all the CD32 game there are probably only a handful that have extra stuff (beside audio tracks; big whoop) over the A500 / A1200 versions

Last edited by DamienD; 16 January 2021 at 14:51.

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 11 queries