View Single Post
Old 20 June 2020, 12:05   #32
no9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
MPP is a standalone mod player, old and not supported anymore, but I do use the openmpt plugin for xmplay.
Yeah. I asked if there is any significant difference between those two (MPP and OpenMPT in whatever form it runs: plugin or standalone editor) when it comes to playback since you said you use MPP.

Quote:
I never bother with converting .mods as such, but other formats like .digi .amf etc. where the PC struggles to play.
If I remember I've made one digi track and it is played pretty correctly in Foobar. Didn't check any further because I don't think there are much/any significant tracks in this format to bother...

.amf - I don't have such files, but looks like OpenMPT loads it https://wiki.openmpt.org/Manual:_Module_formats

I just wanted to point out that Milky Tracker doesn't seem to reliable. But maybe it was just buggy export to Protracker compatible format.

Quote:
I meant loading them into the Tracker software OpenMPT (MPTrack), not just playing them through a plugin. Like I said, .med support has been pretty non existent on PC for a standalone player or plugin.
I don't get the difference here. We are talking about playing tunes this way or the other, right?

Quote:
It's whatever works for you. I haven't tried Foobar for years tbh.
It works very well for me. But I'm not to much into rare music formats. Just mods.

Last edited by no9; 20 June 2020 at 12:22.

Page generated in 0.04556 seconds with 11 queries