View Single Post
Old 19 June 2022, 10:15   #4
G'fr'sh

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the 600 will be having 1mb Chip exp int'trapdoor.

OK, since processing speeds don't sound like they'll be improved much, I'll probs wait and see how I get on initially then. 1.6mb is approx 12.5 full-length 128k samples, which'll probs do me, but if I find myself needing more I may get the Fast. Of course, one of the genius things that trackers can do is offsetting - a feature I wish hardware samplers had! Saves so much memory not having to have individual samples for your chops!

I've gravitated to Oct IV, just coz I prefer the UI (all post-IV Octameds look like dentist appointment spreadsheets to me!) and it's kinda 'the classic' in my mind. I also work better with limitations, which ARE the mother of invention! If I manage to find an Aura sampler, however, I may upgrade to SS, assuming the 600 can do the 12 bit/16 bit bizznezz (maybe only the 1200?). Protracker seems to be considered the best tracker but I need MIDI sync so I can track the 4 channels (and more!) out to my recorder individually and, besides, I've already learned the Octamed commands, lol.

Thanks again!

Last edited by G'fr'sh; 19 June 2022 at 10:23.

Page generated in 0.08080 seconds with 11 queries