View Single Post
Old 05 August 2021, 21:29   #14
Malakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
You know Malakie, I have been so focused on the classic systems, I never looked. Another world for me to explore.

Personally, I don’t like downloading from random sites anymore. Too bigger a security risk.
Agree.. And the fact I can't find a place to get the OS that we are already entitled to for our actual machines, is not right.

Up and until the last version Commodore sent out, those OS's are free for anyone with the hardware. So what I don't understand is where are the archives? There should be quite a few copies out there. I am trying to remember the last official version I was given while there and I think it was 3.1 if my memory is correct.. I would have to do some digging to see if that is correct, but I am pretty sure 3.1 was the last "official" release.

The ONLY versions of the OS that are not covered are any that were produced and released AFTER Commodore stop building machines. But anything made and released while hardware was still made and sold, is free to those with the hardware.

Page generated in 0.04792 seconds with 11 queries