View Single Post
Old 20 November 2020, 18:41   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOakvalley View Post
Somebody emailed me recently if I could identify the following fanfare sound and from which game:

https://www.stone-oakvalley-studios.com/sv/fanfare.mp3

Details about the file:
Was recorded onto tape somewhere in 1985-1986. Sounds like a "victory" type of fanfare. The guy mentions it was maybe from an medieval type of game ( not Defender of the Crown).

Anybody can identify the fanfare uploaded - or which game it came from?
Quote:
I mean that during 1985-1986, and in Norway, there couldn't be many games to choose from, so it must be either a amateur game from those assassins (if they were around), or possibly some kind of those "100 games on a single disk", who knows :-)
Quote:
Found it!

Due to a totally different project I'm working on (to find and locate a bunch of Game Creators available on the Amiga), I found the exact same fanfare in

Adventure Construction Set by Electronic Arts, 1986.

Here's the intro that features the same fanfare (and the rest of it actually)

[ Show youtube player ]
Well, the timeframe of 1985/86 was spot-on....it's just that we probably all assumed it was from a game! I, myself, was convinced it was from an Epyx game as the trumpet sample sounded very Olympian and like something straight out of their Summer/Winter/World Games franchise.

Like you, I went through all the Amiga and C64 Epyx games recorded on YouTube searching for the trumpet sample and came up empty. I even looked through games on HOL that had credited the Sonix author for use of the sound driver. Again, I came up with nada!

Anyway, I'm glad you came across it when researching something else. It should put the guy who emailed you this mystery task out of his misery, and has certainly quenched my thirst to know where it came from too - well done, sir!

Page generated in 0.05645 seconds with 11 queries